Simple Ponderings

This blog was created as a place for free expression in written form. It is to be a place where one can add a unique argument.

Name:
Location: Normal, Illinois, United States

I am a simple man, but sometimes engage in deep ponderings or abstractions. You might find some of those ponderings here.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Has anyone ever noticed that some truths have to be learned, but can't be taught? These are the things that can only be learned by doing. Recently, I have realized one of these truths. After the ponderings of the last post I realized something: To gain, one must lose. Seems like it can't be true because the two contradict each other, yet it is. I can't think of many examples, but there are countless numbers of them out there. One I can come up with is the step to college. I left home to go to college in Bloomington/ Normal. I had to leave the home I knew, the town I loved, and everything that was familiar. In order to gain my independence, I had to lose all that I knew.

Some consider it a high price and never leave home. Others are only to eager to leave home and set out anew. I was one of the latter. I couldn't wait to get out of there, but it wasn't without some trepidation. I worried about whether I was going to the right school, and how I would survive. I feared the unknown.

In the end I am glad of the road that I have traveled, even if it has been a bumpy, rutted road at best. I had to give up my comfort, but I gained my freedom. I had to lose to gain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home